Monday, February 26, 2007
4:15 PM

hairy adventure!

posted by crazyyuan
a very happy new year to everyone out there!
for the NTU pple its recess week! and for the nus pple. thats last week ha.. should have inform me man. then i can kajiao u gals.

anyway.. was in hall bored today as usually. been v tempted to go to STRIP(http://www.strip.com.sg) the wax parlour .. to get rid of my moustach...ha.. it was getting a bit long.. and everytime i looked in the mirror.. it just stood out! so manly i am..lol and someone keep telling me to use veet cos its so efficient.. just melt the hair away.. dun need to sit there through the painful and messy affair of epilating..but i was not going to give in.. to me.. veet felt so poisionous.. melting to roots of the hair folicle.. or watever.. i always wonder wat will happen if i apply it more than the stated time. will my skin melt? long term will get skin prob or not?? anyway i dun realy trust such toxic stuff on my face..
so i decided to google for some hair removal methods and i came across this webby:
http://www.indiaparenting.com/beauty/article.cgi?art_id=63&sec_id=8 yups.. reAD though it.. seems too good to be true right... but i looked thru the comments and some seemed quite positive.. ha..so i decided to give it a try.muah.

this is wat is wanted us to get:
Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
¼ cup water
¼ cup lemon (nimbu) juice

i din really get the exact ingrdients.. but this is wat i did..
i did some conversion online... 1 cup=240ml or 1/4 liter
1/4 cup would be 60ml or 4 tablespoons full.. hmm thats not alot.. 2 cups seems quite a lot leh,, near to half a liter.. wat am i going to do???

so i brushed my teeth.. haha. it was around 12noon..hee.. jsut woke up mah.. wrote down the list of stuff to buy and headed for NANYANG MINI SUPERMART!..lol
there.. i bought:
1 lemon-40c
1 bottle of baby powder-$2.10
1 pack of SIS SUGAR.400G- $2.30

now the sis sugar was pack in sticks! 100 sticks of 4 gs each..lol silly right.. so i have to tear out hmmm 60 sticks for 1 cup of sugar..lol so retarded!!
happy with my buy.i headed back hall.. after lunch i started to tear the packets of sugar..lol reaching 30.. i was tired. and decided to do half cup.. and stopped at 120g of sugar. i cut the lemon into 3 and squezzzee.. dunnoe how much lah.. arga arga..1/4 cups.. consider it one lemon! then i looked at the pot.. like too little sugar.. so i poured in another 10 sticks..

next was cooking the solution: instructions were:
-Pour the sugar, water and lemon juice in a saucepan, and heat it over a low flame.
-Keep stirring the mixture until all the sugar has melted, and you have a thick brown liquid.
-Let it cool slightly.

well it bubled and bubled and bubled boringly.. so i decided to turn it down and leave it to wash my lunch pot. next thing i know when i return.. its brown le!!
STUPIDLY I TOOK A DROP AND PLACED IT ON MY FLESHY PALM AND GOT SCALDED! AND THEN NEXT STUPID THING I DID WAS LICK IT OFF AS FAST AS I COULD, lol HOW CLEVER RIGHT. LUCKY I ONLY ENDED UP WITH A BLISTER.

now i just have to wait for the solution to cool.. taking quite loong. so mean while i sourced for a strip cloth.. i was considering cutting up an old pillow cover when an old t-shirt caught my eye..muaha.. poor shirt!.. LET THE WAXING BEGIN!!

i started with my left leg.. then my right leg..woohoo! out came hair!lots too.. haha. i was so amused.. first time i am waxing myself with my own wax..lol wicked! soon after two unfinished legs.. too many ingrown hair le.. so a bit unclean.lol . the solution was startin to cool! cool enough to touch with my fingers.. i decided to try it on my upper lip!.. and it worked! wasnt clean the first time round.. but the second time was better. i licked my lips.. and tasted the sweet and lemony solution.haha. its edible k. all natural and no presevatives..ha. there was it.. a less hairy me!! muaha.. so happy with myself.. v cheap too..but there is a washing up to do too.. ha.. not for the unadventureous cos it does involve some skill.. but hey next time u wanna do some diy waxing. ha.jio me along.hee

0 Comments: